Monday, October 15, 2007

Microorganisms and Food

So the midterm for my Microorganisms and Food (Biol 345 for those that care) is tomorrow morning.

I've been racking my brain for the past few days with this course because I have no idea what can be asked. It's all written and the information has so much little tiny tidbits it's hard to see a big picture (other than the obvious one - food is spoiled by microorganisms).

I'm taking this course because I thought it would be interesting. Don't get me wrong, it is. I just should have thought about how hard it would be... but then again, I haven't actually been tested on any of it yet, so we will see after tomorrow.

In the past ten minutes or so I've had that sudden change where I feel like I know something. Suddenly all the doom and gloom disappeared and I feel like I have a chance!

In other news, I feel like I've been productive now that I've sent out some requests for letters of recommendation. My goal is to get all my stuff out there by the end of the month, ie. requested my letters, fired off the first part of the applications, sent OAT scores, transcripts, etc. Then I just have to wait for things to come back, send them off and voila. Wait.

I also just realised that going for interviews is going to be a pain. I'll be missing lots of class most likely and that isn't cool. I'm going to have to scavenge notes off people. I'll be like all those other kids that use UWAce begging for notes because they missed a class... I wonder how many of them actually get notes. Perhaps I'll be proactive and if I know what dates I'll be missing class ahead of time, I can ask before, and not after. A-ha! Clever. :P

And now, time to get a good night's sleep and do some quick review in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home