Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Mental Journey

Just got back from the "Faculty of Science Eighteenth Annual Awards Banquet" where pretty much people that got awards got some more goodies - a free dinner. Damn, non-caf food. I mean, the meal was like you would expect at any other banquet [although better than at Bowness' Honours Society Banquet] but when you've been eating spicy chicken, clubhouse sandwhiches, fries, etc. for around 15 weeks, anything is better.

Anyway, turns out about 108 other people got a Science Entrance award compared to the few hundred that are on the Dean's Honour's list. It surprised me, seeing as University is usually harder. I most likely won't get on it for this term, but I still have next term to be on it. Afterall, you do get a free dinner.

All in all, the dinner pretty much made me think, "I've been to a few of these award banquet things in my time, I wouldn't want this one to be my last." Sure they're the same thing, sure it's the same foods, but it's all from the effort and hard work put into my own education that is what's really behind it all. I want that 80%. I don't want to fail a single class, I want to prove to myself that I am still who I was the previous twelve years of my education.

It starts now.


"One foot was placed infront of the other and the next infront of that... and so it began."

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Work hard now, play hard later.
Don't be the idiot I live with now.

Your caf food sounds good. Then again I eat almost anything. MMmm... Foooood.

Wed Dec 08, 12:19:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on now really it's not like you are in rec or anything

Wed Dec 08, 04:26:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home