Wednesday, February 01, 2006

School is to Hare as Brain is to Tortoise

I think I'm losing it.

Stress is building up now that I know what I need to achieve in order to have a chance at staying in Canada for Optometry. I've probably tripled the amount of time spent studying yet it still doesn't feel like enough. I think I approach the books from the wrong angles. Either way I'm getting used to studying for long hours.

It's been one third of the term and still no marks in anything yet but now that February has rolled along the marks will start rolling in. Infact, more like crashing on top of me. It's a busy month full of midterms, labs, quizzes, and even an essay. Reading week will give me a good time to either relax or catch up on my readings.

I need to improve my marks, by atleast ten percent. I've never been so worried in my life about how my future is going to be now that I know that I've slipped. There's no starting over, no turning back... it's either improve or find another career whether that means starting another degree here or at home or if possible, get accepted into the a School of Optometry in the United States. I feel like I'm wasting my family's money, not to mention how much more it's going to cost if I go to the States. Either way we'll see if my Dad will really cut me off if I'm not in Optometry by fifth year.

It's time to work. I'm going to have to exhaust myself of every bit of energy I have left every term. Summer I need to get some experiencel; job/clinical, volunteer, anything that can help. No more fucking around at random jobs just for the money.

-----


I'll be living in residence again next year [if my contract ever arrives in the mail] this time in an upper year residence that seems nicer than Village 1. I can't wait to be on campus again. This year I didn't apply to be a Don for third year because I really need to focus. If all goes well this term and next year, I want to apply again to be a Don for fourth year and perhaps even a lab teaching assistant.

It's nice to have prospects for the future, it's nicer to actually achieve them.
Off to study again... Perhaps another update during reading week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home