Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Who am I kidding...?

I've made a lot of short posts lately. None being quite interesting I assume. Don't expect much from this one either.

Something just hit me. I don't know what but I just feel kinda shitty all of a sudden. I don't know what it is, why it's happening, or what could it be from. All I know is probably about every year it happens.

I don't think there's a regular pattern to it. I don't know if there's a certain correlation with anything but it always seems to happen the same. I reach my highs and hit my lows.

How long it lasts for I don't know. Judging by previous experience it could be hours, days, weeks, months.

My room is starting to get all messy. I've all of a sudden become apathetic in everything I do. I'm starting to find ways of stretching the days as long as possible, perhaps to the detriment to myself and others. I find myself killing endless hours of endless days doing nothing.

So much for making better use of this term.

Oh well. Someone I didn't know was talking to a group of us and pretty much said that I wasn't going to get into Optometry without a degree [full four years]. That pissed me off. All the more reason to get in without getting my BSc. So many negative thinkers out there... too bad I was one of them and at times still am.

That's all for this instance. Something productive sounds in order but at the moment I just can't bring myself to do anything.

Thank God for Brand New. It's always there when I need it.

1 Comments:

Blogger iWoo said...

Every year. And it hit me too, starting about a week and a half ago. I missed two classes, and slept in past my Friday class too. (But I was able to attend the afternoon class, same information.) My other classes are 9-5 studios, so I've been not only slacking, but I've been behind. I'm up at 6am still, working on one of my projects for Typography. In any case, I have pulled it off (well, not quite done yet), and I've even gotten to hang out with some new people and go for sushi a lot. It's all about time management, but when you lack motivation, time progresses differently, and it flies by when you're wasting it.

But you know what? I always have my downcycles too, and while this is one of them, I'm still busting my ass at school trying to kick ass as much as I can. And really, that's still pretty fun. The projects/work may suck, but being better than other people, as petty and shallow as it seems, is part of what keeps me going. The spirit of competition, I suppose. In the end, it's all about challenging yourself, because if you don't have challenge, things get boring fast.

You're your own worst critic, so when you're ready, pull it together, or you'll have to kick your own ass. That's probably worse than having anyone else do it.

Thu Feb 10, 08:08:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home