Friday, January 21, 2005

Life's not a total bitch.

Yeah, okay, so I was a little frustrated last week as you can tell, but turns out I actually got 66% on that quiz [which still sucks, but atleast it's not a fail... and for the life of me I can't understand Physics. Ironically my highest science mark last term.]

I figure I have the potential to do extremely well in University. I mean, afterall, I had the work habit and I guess I am capable enough to learn what I need to learn. I just can't seem to get myself to focus. If I'm sitting in my room I have to find something to distract myself it seems. Checking E-mail, organizing music, Googleing people lol; it all piles up. Oh, and not forgetting the random urge to leave my room that I always have. I mean, I like my room, I just seem to have an addiction to being around other people. I don't even care if I know them or not it seems. If no one in the building is around, I'll think, "What can I get from the caf...?" just so I can walk through the caf. And then when there are people around the floor or the house, I spend a few minutes in a few rooms and voila, it's 2 in the morning. I kick myself every time but I don't seem to learn.

The irony in this all is that when I'm in class, I mostly try to keep to myself. I don't know why, perhaps it's because I feel so guilty for socializing so much outside of class that I need to try and balance it by not socializing in class. At the beginning of the year I would try and be a little social in classes, but I guess being all alone in a completely different province I felt a little intimidated.

Shrug. Today I tried to change that and revert back to my normal self. Perhaps if I get myself to the person I was before than everything will fall back into place; that including my study habits. So anyway, I met some interesting people today in my program [funny that I seem to be just doing that now... only four and a half months of being in my program.] not that I hadn't met others before. Just before it was like, "Hey, you-me, same program, cool." I don't know. I had this strange notion in my head when coming here that I was here to just learn, get what I needed done, and be happy in my job in the later years to come. How wrong I was. I'm not that kind of person, I always have to get to know people it seems.

Anyway, it's time to set things back to normal. I need to get my study habits fixed, do less slacking off outside of class, and return to my normal sociable self in-class. Well... not too sociable.

Oh, and still haven't gotten to knowanyone from Alberta yet, met one and never saw them again... but I met someone from Manitoba! That's amazing in itself seeing as everyone seems to be from Ontario... and have learned matrices in high school. :P That's a different story, oh well.

Anyway [how many times can I say anyway?] hopefully this has been sufficient enough for some of you to read.

Random notes:

1. Need to stop swearing.
2. I got a watch! [Wearing a watch is odd, but so fascinating.]
3. iTunes prompts if you want to move your music to the Recycle Bin when you clear your playlist. I hit yes by accident which would be no problem if I had enough hard drive space. I didn't have enough space so it filled the drive with the "recycled" files, and the rest got deleted. That's for any of you wondering. [I've gotten about 50% back, the rest was probably pretty crappy and lots are still at home.]

Okay, enough typing. I'm exhausted, perhaps I should try going to bed by 11PM, that would be a miracle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the crap eric, number one on that list is bullshit. the rest is pretty accurate.

Sat Jan 22, 03:09:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home