Friday, January 07, 2005

In life we shall dream. In dreams we shall live.

I have taken a greater appreciation to listening to music while I sleep. Last night was a very odd sleep. First of all, I went to bed at 11:30, which is like 9:30 Calgary time. That was probably the first time I had gone to sleep before midnight in... years. Anyway, I woke up around 2:30AM, I think 2:37AM to be exact from an awesome dream. Everything was perfect but I knew that it wasn't like that beforehand, that it somehow went from now to the way it was in the dream. The strange thing is that what made everything better was the music. In this dream I could hear the music distinctly along with anyone else in the dream. I enjoyed it, everyone enjoyed it. It somehow brought everything together to create a pleasant and perfect environment. Upon waking it felt as though I had awoken normally, like a night of good rest. I almost couldn't fall asleep and I actually thought to myself that I had a full night's rest, the best I sleep I had felt in awhile.

I of course fell asleep again only to experience the same sleep I had before, not as memorable, but it had the same feelings that the previous dream did. This time as I lay in bed after waking the song ended and changed before I fell asleep again and soon enough I was waking up to my alarm. I have four alarms in my room but when the first alarm went off I didn't end up turning it off and going back to sleep waiting for the other three alarms to go off. For the first time I felt as though I had enough sleep. A friend even told me "You didn't look like crap this morning." I thought that was pretty funny.

Anyway, who knows what these dreams meant, afterall, it's all in the hidden meanings.

{The Smashing Pumpkins - Perfect}

2 Comments:

Blogger iWoo said...

Whoa, weird, last night I had some strange dreams too. I hope you wrote them down. I took some notes of them, but I wasn't able to recall as much as I'd hoped. I fell asleep again and I think I went into a related dream, but that one I don't remember much of at all. Just a very small fragment I think.

Sat Jan 08, 07:28:00 AM EST  
Blogger iWoo said...

Not sure about that. I have heard that it's impossible to dream that you've hit the ground when you have a falling dream; that it would be your death when that happens. Not that anyone can prove that! As far as having certain dreams...

I've been eating some pretty junky stuff lately, and I have had some interesting (but not scary) dreams lately. I don't think there's a connection really. I do know that consuming alcohol as a 'night cap' can be bad, because it causes your blood sugar to rise, and then drop sharply while you're sleeping. This results in a less restful sleep, or waking in the middle of the night. Yup.

Sun Jan 09, 03:53:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home