Thursday, July 07, 2005

Payday

So finally I got paid. A nice $583.64 after taxes. I suppose it'll be nice to see that every two weeks. Now I'm wondering what I can do with this new found money. Of course I'm going to save most of it but I was also thinking of getting my firearms licence. That way I can finally start collecting all the firearms I've wanted to.

The Firearms Saftey Course is $200 by itself and only takes one day to complete. I don't know what I would want as my first firearm but I would want a scoped rifle. I'm leaning towards the Mosin Nagant, preferrably a 91/30PU but they're rare and expensive, atleast for originals. Other Mosin's are easier to come by though. Then of course I was thinking of just getting a new rifle so I would have something I could shoot a lot and not worry about degrading it's "history". Of course, the main reason I want my firearms licence is so I can collect main pieces of warfare.

It sounds strange but I've always wanted to collect things from the WWII era. I've always wanted to collect propaganda posters but those are also expensive, rare, and I would have nowhere to store anything.

Anyway... that's all for now. Two more days of work this week.

9 Comments:

Blogger Gumbi said...

Guns are neat

Thu Jul 07, 08:19:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Justin said...

Mosin Nagants are very popular as a "first rifle".
I also see alot of SKS Carbines. Only problem with those is either A) Prices of 7.62x39mm ammo or B) Finding a converted SKS to fire .308 (7.62mm NATO) or .223 (5.56mm NATO).

Fri Jul 08, 06:59:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishlist
1)M1A1 Thompson Sub Machine gun .45
2)M1 Garand
3)Heckler and Koch MP5A4 Submachine Gun 9mm
4)Armalite M16VN (Vietnam Edition)

lol airsoft is fine too :)

-mike

Sat Jul 09, 01:54:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Justin said...

The M16 used in Vietnam was just an M16A1 wasn't it? There isn't exactly an "Vietname Edition" is there?

You want it because it's full auto?

Sat Jul 09, 05:59:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gumbi said...

Lee Enfields are great "first rifles" aswell. Collection wise aswell as accurate fun shooting.

Sat Jul 09, 07:13:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah u're probably right about it being the M16A1, but apparently they used smaller clips, not the long ones, it's significantly shorter clip. Heck I don't really shoot but being a history enthusiast it'd be cool to have those. A walther or a luger would be nuts though, or a MP44 :|

Eric just ebay for an AK47 ;)

-mike

Sun Jul 10, 02:54:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Justin said...

Yeah the A1 used the tiny 20 round clips, 30 round clips introduced later on to match the AK-47.

An MP44 would be wicked to own, but they are Godforsakenly expensive. On the other hand, you can get a Kar98 for something like $300-400 CDN.

Or a remade Browning M1914A4 .30 Cal for ONLY $3000 :D Comes with a tripod, full parkerized finish!

Sun Jul 10, 09:14:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A BAR or a Bren would be amazing, MG44 nah, thats an evil weapon lol

I can imagine the Mp5 being expensive, it's german afterall.

-mike

Sun Jul 10, 11:12:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Justin said...

MMmm... BAR. The best weapon to come out of WWII.

Brand new fully automatic MP5's are about $14000 USD or something...

On the other hand you can get a Mac10 for something like $3000 :D

Tue Jul 12, 07:22:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home