Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Confusing doubts

How much control do you have in life? I think the ball isn't in my court at all. Sure, I have the minute amount but really, the ball is on the other side. It's sad, it hurts, but that's the way it's going to be... Enjoy what I can, try to improve on things, and if at all possible, clear things up.

I over-analyze every little thing far too much. It's not healthy.

But with disappointment comes bliss. Hand in hand, they alternate. Perhaps each occurs based on how I decide to use the ball when it's on my side...

The greatness comes not when things go always good for you. But the greatness comes when you're really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes. Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
Richard M. Nixon (1913 - 1994)


(hooray for ramblings... :P)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone close to you, I know exactly how you feel. It's not something that'll go away easily, but you have to eventually learn that many things are beyond your control, and that the things that are, you have to decide to take that control. Just remind yourself that you are a good person, do things that you feel are right, and be happy with those decisions.

Tue Aug 10, 05:37:00 AM EDT  
Blogger iWoo said...

Overanalyzing every little thing? Hm, it may run in the family then. I don't know about whether it's healthy or not, but I do it anyway.

Tue Aug 10, 10:54:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home