Thursday, August 04, 2005

Space hamburgers

Seems like 4 AM is a good time for profound conversations about life. Kevin and I seem to have been doing that lately.

Tonight was a good talk on going back/to university which led to things like how we've all grown up or changed from high school. Also things and events that have changed. One thing we touched on was regrets, or things we would have done differently. Turns out there are quite a few. I seem to see life as learning about what you should have done but even so, if you went back and did the "right" thing, you may not necessarily end up where you want to be. Frankly there are things in life and people that I've met or known that I wouldn't change. However there are lots of things that I would have chosen to do or not do in life. Some of the major things: I would have pursued my love for space exploration. I would have chosen to learn Cantonese when my mom tried to teach me. There are of course lots of lesser choices that I would have changed.

I suppose there's always still time. At the moment I'm going to continue my pursuit for optometry, it still is afterall something that really interests me. After that I may want to try Aeronautical Engineering and also learn Cantonese. I've never been able to speak to my grandparents and frankly that's sad. With what's going on with my grandfather right now it's sad to know that I've never actually had a conversation with him. Not even small talk; how's the weather, how are things in general...

Well, that's my theory on life. Learn about what you should have done but at the same time try to appreciate things.

Oh, and I will make it into space someday. I plan on including into my will [when I make a will] to have my ashes launched into space, it's doable. No jokes. It's my life dream to go to space. If I can't be there mentally atleast what's left of me will be there. Of course, I don't want to be sent up on some commercial launch like they do now. I would rather be brought up on a scientific mission, a launch with a purpose, not just another satellite.

Anyway, that's all for now. From now on I'm going to try to post more often about much more meaningful things. Of course every once in awhile some non-profound things are good.

If any of you are wondering about the title: First JBC in space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home