Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Back for more!

Two posts in one day, unheard of.

So I'm back from the "Faculty of Science Twenty-First Annual Awards Banquet". Man, Fed Hall sure is fancy, at least nothing I would have expected from that rectangular block on the side of Ring Road. Dinner was okay, it would have been better if I didn't feel so ill. That always seems to be the case, I get sick when I'm out doing something/at an event/going for a plane ride etc. Damn you organs, work better.

It's also funny to listen to people at these award banquets. This is my first time getting on the Honour's List for University marks (I went once for an Entrance Scholarship in 2004) and I am pretty stoked about it. I'm working my ass off to get on the Dean's Honours List and I finally made it on. Then you hear people talking about how everything is the same from last year and the year before blah blah. People take for granted what they have and they don't appreciate that they really do represent only a small portion of the faculty. The food may be nothing special, the presentation may be nothing special (although I really enjoyed it), but your achievements should be and that's what these banquets are for, to show for it. It's the least that can be done.

So anyway, I'm all happy for a free meal even though I couldn't enjoy it, but I'm even happier to have made my goal of making it on the Dean's list. It took a little longer than I anticipated but I did it. Unfortunately I won't actually be graduating with honours as that is no longer attainable. You win some, you lose some.

On a separate but related note, it's interesting going through Facebook and checking to see who's on the list and who isn't. It's rather surprising... (insert inconspicuous smiley here).

Once again, back to studying.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Deans list is quite an accomplishment!

Thu Nov 29, 12:22:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home