Friday, April 01, 2005

A Delicate Balance

[Blogger crashed so there are two versions of this post. I left them both just to see the difference of rewriting them. Interesting.]

Sometimes there are a lot of things in life that you need to choose between. A lot of the choices you make can have a drastic change to the outcome of everything else. Some choices will affect others.

I like to believe that I've made some good choices. So far I feel as though I have even though I may have at times made some bad choices before. Perhaps I can slowly redeem myself. All in all, hopefully I continue to make the right choices.

------


Recently I started thinking to myself about this summer. First of all, this summer is going to be the longest summer. Not just figuratively but literally. It will be the first four month summer I'll have ever had. At the moment I am happy with the way things are and frankly it kind of scares me what might change after those four months. Sometimes I think to myself that change is bad but at the same time know that change can be good. Comparing my second term to the first term, I know things have gotten better. Sure, some have gotten worse, but perhaps due to my own faults, but all in all everything is great. Sometimes I believe in things so much that I expect them to be true. In a ways, I hope that the stronger I believe in something, the better the chance I have of it being what actually happens. If that's true then everything should work out. Everything will stay as good as it is - or get better.

I hope I haven't come this far for nothing.

21 days left in Waterloo. 21 days of a life away from life. 21 days of greatness. 21 days of exams and studying. 21 days until change.

I believe that change is good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

It'll be glad to have our Eric back. You Ontario people had your turn.

4 months… Yikes. Good and bad, hopefully mostly good.

No matter what happens, you know you've made progress. How you define that is up to you.

Fri Apr 01, 04:11:00 AM EST  
Blogger Gumbi said...

Woot, 21 days!

Sat Apr 02, 01:29:00 AM EST  
Blogger Mike said...

It'll be good to have you back...

Hardly saw you last time around. I'm going to buy you 4 Shots of various nature.

Sat Apr 02, 04:04:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home