Saturday, July 17, 2004

LANarrific

[Yeah, this was a blog I forgot to post, I saved it as a draft. meh.]

So yesterday and today were/are my days off work this week and as planned long before, Andy F organized a LAN at Bruce's house. Justin, Mike W, and I plus others, mainly Andy's friends and guys we've LANed with before. That's probably the most video games I'll play in a long time. Boy, that basement got roasting. I could have swore it was in the mid-thirty degree range. Around 11:30 PM I was invited to Crowfoot to hang out at Boston Pizza with Dickie and Jeff by Sarah. I was glad to have that break, I don't think I can play video games as long anymore, just not as appealing, but still fun at a LAN. Justin decided to come along too but came after I had already left. I wasn't waiting outside though but was instead walking along the road so Sarah wouldn't have to go search for the house we were at. So Justin endd up jogging all the way up from Silverview Drive, which is the edge of Silversprings overlooking Bowness, to Boston Pizza in Crowfoot. Holy crap, I don't think I would have made it. You'd find me passed out on the side of the road in the morning.
 
Justin and I headed back to the LAN where we continued to play games, watch some movies off other people's computers, etc. until people started passing out. We left at around 10 AM today and after dropping computers off, Mike, Justin, and I headed up to Crowfoot to find a pancake breakfast but to no avail.
 
Now I'm pretty much waiting for Sarah to call so we, plus Justin, can head up to Zellers and see if they can get some jobs. Soon there will be a Zellers crew along with the Chalet crew [Dickie and Jeff] and the La Senza crew [Vanessa and Megan]. I'm pretty sure if I have a friend or more work with me every once in awhile I'll enjoy it more than I do now and perhaps decide not to quit as early as planned. :)
 
Anyway, back to sitting around waiting and trying to avoid the blistering heat.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home