Monday, August 22, 2005

Tell me why do I feel this way, all my life I`ve been standing on the borderline

The Rasmus - Time To Burn


So I woke up today at around four and frankly I don't know what the hell I did. Oh, well, I played Burnout 3 on the XBox from like six to sevenish when I decided to get ready for the formal dinner get together in celebration of Jeff getting into SAIT. It was Jocelyn's idea and a great one at that. I guess this is kinda redundant seeing as Jeff has also posted a much greater and detailed post on today. Read that here.

It just kind of hit me that this may be the last time we ever see Dickie for a long time [well, I still have a few days before I leave when he comes back]. I didn't really realise that tonight may be the last time Sarah and Dan see each other until next summer. Once September rolls around and the rest of us that are leaving, it'll be the same story. Kinda shitty to think about, but at the same time, wish the best for him to be accepted into the Police Academy. Afterall, we all want to hear the story of being pepper-sprayed and tasered.

The end of summers in post-secondary really suck. I mean, sure in High School or earlier you'd be super dissappointed in having your holidays end. Now it just seems like so much more than that. People will begin to leave, to go back to their schooling in other places. People will change a little more and more the longer they're away.

And then we hopefully all come back to the one place we all have in common. We all come back at the one time when we have no school to be bothered by. The one time where we can just sit back and have fun...

While I was thinking about how this might be the last time we see Dan I kind of thought about my situation. I've signed a twelve month contract for the house I will be living in in Waterloo. If I don't find someone to sublet my place or if I find a good job [one that helps me] in Waterloo I won't be coming home for the summer... I can't imagine not coming home for a summer. That's 20 months of being away from home. Of course there is winter break, thankfully.

Funny how I didn't miss home as much first year, and now I miss it while I am home...

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Looking good is a full time job.

Mon Aug 22, 08:38:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Gumbi said...

Maybe i'll come visit you? I'd sleep in your bed, eat your food and date your girls. Then you wouldn't miss me so much.

Mon Aug 22, 11:09:00 AM EDT  
Blogger *Monica said...

Growing up and apart sucks. And it doesn't get any easier. I have only one high school friend left, my best friend of 20 years. BUT, I wouldn't trade her for ten of the others I have lost. Chin up!

Fri Aug 26, 03:55:00 PM EDT  
Blogger *Monica said...

Hot suit, by the way

Fri Aug 26, 03:56:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home